Soal TOEFL Structure ITP Tipe 1 Part A
1. _____ a major role in future planetary exploration.
(A) Robots will surely play
(B) Robots, which will surely play
(C) Because robots will surely be playing
(D) Surely robots, which will be playing
2. Unlike the owl, bats cannot see very well, but they do have_____.
(A) it hears very well
(B) very good to hear
(C) hearing very well
(D) very good hearing
3. Comparatively few clues in the United Slates have competing newspapers today, a major change from 1900 _____ more than two newspapers.
(A) because then most large cities having
(B) when did most large cities have
(C) then most large cities that had
(D) when most large cities had
4. Witch hazel extract, ____ distilled from the bark and twigs of the witch hazel shrub, has been utilized in medicine.
(B) when to be
(C) which is
(D) has been
5. ____ touching in O. Henry’s stories is the gallantry with which ordinary people struggle to maintain their dignity.
(A) Most is
(B) It mostly is
(C) Is it most
(D) What is most
6. The face of the Moon is changed by collisions with meteoroids, ____ new craters to appear.
(D) have cause
7. Social scientists believe that ____ from sounds such as grunts and barks made by early ancestors of human beings.
(A) the very slow development of language
(B) language developed very slowly
(C) language which,, was very slow to develop
(D) language, very slowly developing
8. ____ substances include various forms of silica, pumice, and emery.
(A) Natural abrasives occur
(B) Abrasion occurs in natural
(C) Naturally occurring abrasive
(D) A natural occurrence of abrasion
9. _____ in the upper part of their long thin legs allow deer to run swiftly and jump far.
(A) Muscles are powerful
(B) There are powerful muscles
(C) The powerful muscles that
(D) Powerful muscles
10. Geophysicists have collaborated with archaeologists and anthropologists to study the magnetic properties of pottery and fireplaces at sites ____– by early humans.
(C) which occupy
(D) were occupied
11. ____ technically proficient; it also explores psychological questions.
(A) Not only is Barbara Astman’s artwork
(B) Not only Barbara Astman’s artwork
(C) Barbara Astman’s artwork,, which is not only
(D) Barbara Astman’s artwork not only
12. Although Canada’s Parliament can neither administer or enforce laws_____ initiate policy, it does have the power to make laws and vote on the allocation of funds.
13. Willa Cather considered her novel of life in nineteenth-century Nebraska, My Antonia,____
(A) was her best work
(B) her best work
(C) her best work it was
(D) being her best work
14. First designated in 1970, Earth Day has become an annual international event ______ concerns about environmental issues such as pollution.
(A) dedicated to raising
(B) dedicated raising
(C) dedicates to raise
(D) that dedicates to raising
15. In 1992 Albert Gore, Jr., the son of a former United States senator, became _____ Vice President of the United States.
(A) who was the forty-fifth
(B) and the forty-fifth
(C) the forty-fifth
(D) he was the forty-fifth