Soal TOEFL Structure ITP Tipe 3 Part A
1. During an eclipse of the Sun, __________ in the shadow of the Moon
(A) the Earth lies
(B) the Earth when lying
(C) that the Earth lies
(D) the lying Earth
2. __________ complex organic catalysts originating in living cells.
(B) Enzymes are
(C) Enzymes which are
(D) Enzymes while they
3. The operetta __________ as a popular form of musical theater in the nineteenth century.
(A) to emerge
(C) has emerged
4. Desert animals __________ a means of retaining moisture in such a hot, dry climate if they are to survive.
(C) to need
(D) was needed
5. Because its leaves remain green long after being picked, rosemary __________ associated with the idea of remembrance.
(A) and becomes
(D) to become
6. __________, the first Black denomination in the United States.
(A) Richard Allen founded the African Methodist Episcopal Church
(B) Richard Allen, who founded the African Methodist Episcopal Church
(C) The African Methodist Episcopal Church founded by Richard Allen
(D) The foundation of the African Methodist Episcopal Church by Richard Allen
7. __________ who was the first Black woman to run for the office of President of the United States in1972.
(A) Shirley S. Chisholm
(B) It was Shirley S. Chisholm
(C) Shirley S. Chisholm was
(D) When Shirley S. Chisholm
8. __________ versatile performer, soprano Kathleen Battle has often concluded a program of art songs and arias with selections from ragtime or popular music.
9. __________ social nesting birds that build their nests in trees and on cliffs.
(A) The most storks
(B) Most are storks
(C) Most storks are
(D) Storks most
10. On March 1, 1867, __________ to the Union when President Andrew Johnson’s veto was overridden.
(A) since the state of Nebraska had been admitted
(B) admitted that the state of Nebraska
(C) the admission of the state of Nebraska
(D) the state of Nebraska was admitted
11. The best known of all the Arctic birds, __________ .
(A) birdwatchers favor ptarmigans
(B) being ptarmigans and birdwatchers’ favorites
(C) favored by both ptarmigans and birdwatchers
(D) ptarmigans are a favorite of birdwatchers
12. Variables such as individual and corporate behavior __________ nearly impossible for economists to forecast economic trends with precision.
(B) make it
(C) it makes
(D) makes it
13. Considered one of the leading poets in America today,__________.
(A) a number of books and plays have also been written by Sonia Sanchez
(B) Sonia Sanchez has also written a number of books and plays
(C) A number of Sonia Sanchez books and plays have been written
(D) There have been a number of books and plays written by Sonia Sanchez
14. __________ of caffeine can result in restlessness, insomnia, and even delirium.
(A) Consuming in excess
(B) Excessive consumption
(C) To consume excessively
(D) The consumption excessive
15. ____ in the latter part of the fifteenth century as a substitute for richly embroidered tapestries.
(A) Wallpaper that originated
(B) The origination of wallpaper
(C) Originated the wallpaper
(D) Wallpaper originated